Friday, March 20, 2009

Got Parts?

So I am a slacker... Well I didn't mean to be one, I got sick, really sick. It has taken over two weeks to feel somewhat normal again. And I am on spring break, nearing the end, but I have taken advantage of my time off. Although alot has happened out in the garage, and busyness aboundeth, it is hard to show that kind of progress sometimes.

Lots of sanding has been done and the car has been dismantled of it's wood pieces. First the back doors came off (I didn't get a picture of that step). Then the top and the sides. Here is what she looks like today.





All the wood had to be finished, a coat of polyurethane on it, well several coats actually. Here is the top laid on its top.
A close up of the top and the slat work that was done.

Isn't this the prettiest wood! The finish is bring out the grain very nicely I think...this is the top also.
Here is a close up of the top of the top. Each of those slats was screwed in along several places.
The sides scattered to any flat place left in the garage. I think we needed a 4 car garage for this project...




No comments:

Post a Comment