Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day Two and the progress

At the end of Friday night here is what these two men had accomplished. You may find it hard to see the progress, but I will help point it out. They were exhausted by the end of the day. It is truly a project that requires hours of work, but may not much progress sometimes. Grandpa told me this morning he loves to work, I believe him...he said "The day I quit working I will be dead". We laughed and said, "No, the day you die, you will quit working!"
Below you will notice the black topped screws, this is what Grandpa has been working on all the metal parts and assembly. I believe the box is all secure at this point on the frame.



Maybe hard to see, but you will notice the black bracket in the center, part of the door latch. The black bracket in the left hand corner. There is also a black brace, bracket along the wheel well. and up the sides there is a brace to hold the wood box to the frame.


Here you can see the hinge for the back doors.



This is a top view of the TOP! It is almost complete. You are able to see how the slats had to be bent. An old iron, wet clot and some clamps. I see glue was probably used and some screws.

Once again you will notice black headed screws...holding the assembly together.

I am hoping tonight to have a large picture fest out there and lots of explanation from Grandpa and Gary. I will post again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! All i can say is wow! I am glad grandpa and dad got to work on it together, I am sure they are having so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete