Tuesday, February 17, 2009

January's Progress

Sorry it has been so long between posts, I took off for a week and went to help our daughter with her new baby. Before I left, I did take some pictures, I just didn't get them updated on the blog.

Gary has been busy with this project, he works in the garage nearly every night to finish this up. Here is a picture of the blade he had special made to do the finger joints on the fenders.


Here is a fender that is finished ready to be assembled onto the side.


A close up of the finger joint


Here is a side in the process of having the trim attached.


The side with the fender attached and more trim work being done.


Pieces for the top or roof, all pieces have to be varnished where they touch, this is to completely protect the wood from the elements it will be exposed to.


Close up of finger joints. These were all individually done.


I will post tomorrow what I found when I got home...stay tuned you will be surprised!

1 comment: